Central Animal Hospital Covid-19 Policy Effective May 20, 2021
In light of Governor Ron DeSantis’s Executive Order 21-102, dated May 3, 2021, https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2021/EO_21-102.pdf, we have revised our COVID-19 policy as enumerated below. For your added safety, we have installed Remi-Halo UV LED light/ozone units in our heating/cooling systems at both of our locations to help kill COVID-19 viruses and other airborne pathogens (verified by a third party study https://www.jpost.com/health-science/tel-aviv-research-999-percent-of-covid-19-germs-dead-in-30-seconds-with-uv-leds-653315)
- If you are sick or running a fever, please reschedule your pet’s appointment or send someone else in your place.
- Masks are now optional inside our building and exam rooms.
- When entering our building, as always, dogs must be on a secure leash and cats must be in carriers.
- During this transition, a doctor may still require masks to be worn in the exam room only during the face-to-face portion of the exam. Our receptionists will inform you prior to entering the exam room if the doctor prefers you to wear a mask. We appreciate your respect of his/her decision.
- A car-side appointment will be offered to any client who wishes to continue this practice rather than entering our building.
- As a reminder, car-side appointments operate like this:
- Be sure to have dog(s) on a secure leash for your appointment.
- Be sure to have cat(s) in carriers for your appointment.
- CALL OR TEXT us when you arrive:
- 727-601-8293 (4th Street)
- 727-294-5693 (Pinellas Point)
- A technician may call you via phone and get pet history over the phone before coming out to take your pet into the building while you remain in your car.
- After examination, the doctor will call you with findings.
- A receptionist will then call you to arrange for payment.
- A technician will return your pet to the car.
Once again, thank you for your patience during this past year. Your understanding has been greatly appreciated!